A couple of weeks ago, I took my Sugar Bear out for the day with no intention of being home before early evening. Normally, my diaper bag is prepacked with the baby essentials, plus whatever I’ve picked up that I rarely use, so all I had to add to the bag were the perishables (snacks, food, juice, etc.) I was all set to go and when I got to my destination, like clockwork, my little one needed his diaper changed. I went into the family bathroom to change him–changing pad, check; wipes, check; diaper…bruh!! What do you call a diaper bag with no diapers? I was literally with the sh!ts with no diaper in site. Luckily, I wasn’t alone and we were in Target–but, how does one forget to pack diapers?
Needless to say, I’ve since completely restocked my diaper bag with all of my diaper bag essentials–and the first add on the list were diapers–lots of diapers.
SKIP*HOP® Duo Signature Diaper Bag in Chevron: With 10 pockets, this bag has room for everything. I love the look of it and it fits perfectly around the handle of my Bugaboo Bee 3 stroller; however, with all the extra room comes extra stuff that I try to fit in it. It can get really heavy and cumbersome so I usually skip carrying a purse and stick my wallet and smartphone in one of the 10 pockets.
1. Pampers Cruisers
2. Undershirts: I love Gerber Onesies.
3. Carter’s Joggers: They come two per pack and travel well; however, any extra pair of clothing is fine.
4. Bibs, on bibs, on BIBS: My baby is a drooler, and I always have spare bibs on hand
5. NY Yankee hat: What can I say, I’m a Brooklyn girl.
6. Pureed Food: I love to make homemade baby food purees and store them in Infantino’s Fresh Squeezed disposable bags. They are perfect for travel, just freeze the night before and throw ’em in the bag when you’re ready to hit the road.
7. Sippy cup: Amir and I are at an impasse on the whole transitioning from bottles to sippy cup issue. He’s unwavering when it comes to the nipple; so this Philips Avent trainer cup is the perfect in-between cup. It has two nipples, the #3 Avent Natural nipple he’s used to and a traditional “sippy cup” nipple. I’ll keep you all posted on who wins this battle.
8. Pampers Sensitive Wipes
9. WubbaNub Puppy Pacifier: He loves to chew on the plush puppy and pacifier combination. I want to kiss the maker of these soothers.
10. Aquaphor: I’m black, my baby is black, and we get ashy! Seriously, I use this just as much as he does on just about everything.
11. Munchkin Pacifier Wipes
12. Baby Einstein Takealong Tunes: He loves this toy. It is small enough to fit in his bag and he likes to chew on the handle. The tunes don’t play very long, which is fine now that he can press the button himself.
13. Plum Organics Super Puff Snacks: The blueberry and purple sweet potato flavor is his favorite